Customer ServiceContact UsSite Map

Canton Refinery: Canton, Ohio

  • Site: Located 60 miles southeast of Cleveland, Ohio, on approximately 180 acres 
  • History: Built in 1931 by Allegheny-Arrow Oil Company and purchased by Ashland Oil Inc. in 1948 when it merged with Allied Oil Company. The refinery became a part of MPC’s refining system in 1998 and has been fully owned by MPC since 2005. In December 2014, the company completed construction of a condensate splitter, which increased the refinery's capacity to process condensate from the Utica shale region.
  • Refining Capacity: 93,000 barrels per calendar day 
  • Crude Oil Supply: Sweet and sour crude oils, including production from the nearby Utica shale
  • Operations: Crude distillation, catalytic cracking, hydrotreating, reforming, alkylation and sulfur recovery
  • Products: Gasoline, distillates, asphalt, roofing flux, propane, refinery-grade propylene and slurry
  • Product Distribution: Pipeline, transport truck and rail
  • Employment: Approximately 340 employees


Canton Refinery Fact Sheet

 

For additional details on safety & environmental stewardship and community involvement, download the Canton Refinery Fact Sheet

Acrobat Reader download